Tutors using GradeMark – through either the Native website or Moodle – can now leave ‘voice comments’ on their students’ assignments, in addition to the existing text- and rubric-based feedback. The comments can be up to three minutes long, are re-playable prior to saving, and can be re-recorded or deleted if necessary by the marker.
Recorded voice messages can augment textual feedback by providing students with very personal, contextualised, rich and re-playable comments. These allow staff to add value to the assessment and feedback process while supporting an increasingly diverse and distributed student body.
How to record audio comments
1. Open up Grademark for a particular submission
2. From the lower-right hand side of the screen, click on the ‘Comments’ icon (as below).
3. The Voice Comment tool appears at the top of the General Comments column, above the text comments. Markers can use both tools.
4. Click on the ‘Microphone’ icon to begin recording (as below).
5. You can pause your recording by clicking the ‘pause’ icon, and then finish recording by clicking on the ‘stop’ icon (as below).
6. You can then play back and listen to your recording by clicking the ‘play’ icon (as below).
7. You can then either upload or delete your recording (as below). The comments will be accessible once the Assignment Post Date is reached
Should you require further information, assistance or advice, then please contact the E-Learning Team at email@example.com